Microsoft® Office/365 Software Training Workshops
A workshop lasts for a half or a full day and covers any combination of Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word to suit those attending.
You fill a workshop by booking out slots in multiples of half-an-hour to groups sharing similar interests and to individuals.
Workshops offer advantages over formal training courses:
- Address the need for very specific training that might otherwise form a small part only of a full training course
- Provide training that is always totally relevant for those attending
- Allow flexible scheduling of training at points in the day that fit with your work commitments
- Keep people away from their desks for the minimum of time, thus causing the minimum disruption to the working day
- Yield high return on investment (ROI): low cost per head per skill acquired. In the example workshop described below, that would have worked out at about £25.00 per person.
Example of a Workshop
This is an example of how one training workshop ran (what the client wanted was help across a number of Microsoft Office applications):
9:30am—10:00am Understanding the Excel SUMIF function and its applications (two people)
10:00am—11:30am Reviewing the use of Styles in managing complex Word documents (four people)
11:30am—12:30pm Finding a solution to an intermittent Excel macro problem (one person)
12:30pm—1:30pm Break for lunch
1:30pm—3:30pm Understanding ways of using Access queries to identify and remove duplicated data (two people)
3:30pm—4:30pm Upgrading database to Access 2016 (five people).